Every 3 months it’s a good idea to open your cupboard and clean the shelves.
1. Start by removing the contents, when removing them check to ensure no products have expired.
2. Next clean the shelves with a warm cloth and white vinegar, this will ensure any sticky residue is removed from the shelves but doesn’t leave lots of bubbles.
3. Ensure cupboard is dry then put contents back.
Most people would not think about cleaning the inside of your dishwasher, but like you washing machine, if you clean it regulary, any debris and deposits do not build up, this will assist in helping prolonging the life of your dishwasher.
To clean your dishwasher:
1. Run the dishwasher or wait until the cycle has finished then empty your dishwasher.
2. Check all the spinning arms are working – ensure any spray holes are not blocked.
3. Wipe around the edges of the door and the gasket.
4. Clean the bottom of the door.
5. Ensure the bottom of your dishwasher has no debris in it and check the grate and remove. Then clear our any debris left in the grate (check with your dishwasher manual to ensure you clean your grates correctly).
6. Remove any hardwater scale or deposits.
7. Refill the rinse aid compartment.
8. Clean the baskets if needed.
9. Clean the front of your dishwasher.
10. You can purchase a dishwasher cleaning from your supermarket and run through a cycle with this inserted correctly into your machine.
Remember when cleaning ensure after you dust or sweep that you leave 5 minutes before hoovering to ensure floating dust has made it to the floor to be sucked up by your hoover.
There are various methods to clean your mirrors without leaving streaks.
1. You can use normal window cleaner and a specific glass cleaning cloth.
2. You can use white wine vinegar in warm water, then wash your mirror with the solution and wipe dry with cotton cloth.
3. Wash your mirror using your hand with warm water and wipe dry with a cotton cloth, then when dry you will be left without streaks.
Every 8-10 washes it is important to clean your washing machine. I was advised to run my machine with a strong detergent powder on the hottest setting for a full length program, so as not to waste water or electricity I include my dish cloth and stained tea towels (or old towels used for dirty work) in this wash and they come out sparkling – so does the inside of my machine.
I have also read that you can use a cupful of white wine vinegar in each wash (with or without fabric softener) and this will not only clean your washing machine but disinfect it as well – so good to do this if you’ve had sickness in the house.
If your dishwasher has left white marks on the inside of your glasses, use a little vinegar or white wine vinegar on a cloth and gently rub the marks. When they have gone wash the glasses in washing up liquid and rinse thoroughly.
When cleaning the toilet bowl I always use a paper towel or toilet paper. It’s much more hygienic to throw some scouring powder down the bowl, rub with paper towel until clean, throw the paper towel away (in the bin never the toilet), flush the toilet and hey presto…a clean toilet.
I never use a toilet brush as I would never re-use a cloth which has been down the loo!
Organizing your wardrobe is the first step to organizing the rest of your home.
1. Get rid of unused clothes and accessories.
2. Organize the rest by how you get dressed in the morning
3. Finally organise by color, will make finding your clothes in the morning far easier.
Your wardrobe will look appealing, and your everyday routine will be easier.
Quick and easy way to clean your blinds……
shut your venetian blinds….
clean all of the side facing you with a duster….
clean the side nearest the window with a duster….
reverse your blinds so that they are opened and then closed the opposite way…
clean both sides with a duster….
Alternatively, employ one of our cleaners to do the job properly…
“A clean kitchen is the sign of a wasted life”.
We recommend you pass this joke on to your friends and advise them to call Home Star Cleaning on 020-8467-4847 / 07880-506073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.